Top 10 Reasons to go to Red Mountain in 2017
10. Powder, Glades and Steeps at Red MountainComplimentary guided tours for all levels of ability are offered daily.
9. Fresh baked goods (Yum!)and organic micro-roasted espresso at Fresh Café.
8. $1.00 USD = $1.31 CAD(as of 10/15/2016) Can you say “more beer drinking money”?
7. Visit the Kootenay MountainsA region of Canada. Some say it is the potential new home of disenchanted US voters after the 2016 election.
6. Inbounds Snow-cat Skiing
$10 a ride on Mt Kircup at Red Mountain Resort. Still need more? Book a day of backcountry cat skiing with Big Red Cats located at the base of Red Mountain. They operate in nearly 20,000 acres of backcountry terrain.
5. More Powder, Glades and Steeps at Whitewater
After a couple of days on Red Mountain enjoy a day at Whitewater. (Vertical Drop: 2,044 ft., Terrain: 1,184 acres)
4. Enter the Canadian Rockies Though the Back door
A domestic flight to Spokane, a 2.5 hour motor coach ride through low altitude ranchland, and a low-key border crossing make for a low stress trip to the great white north.
3. One-day excursion to Nelson, BC
a picturesque town on the Columbia River. Ski at Whitewater then shop, sightsee, dine and/or drink in Nelson. Try the local hemp ale.
2. Micro brews and live music at Rafters Lounge
Rafters awarded Best Ski Resort Bar – Powder Magazine, Nov 2012 Issue.
1. Lift Lines, Shmift Lines
If you like crowded slopes and lift lines you may have to go somewhere else to find them.